Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Sign Around Everyone's Neck

I heard a story yesterday that inspired me to write this post. A Realtor once asked, "How do I improve my business from where it's at?" The response the Realtor heard was, "Everyone has a sign hanging around their neck, once you find out what that sign says, you will grow your business." It wasn't long before the Realtor had an Aha come up and realized what everyone's sign said...

"MAKE ME FEEL IMPORTANT"

That's what everyone wants. They want to know that they are important to you. It's too often that people think, as real estate agents, we put a sign in their yard and sit back and collect a check. We only want their money. I help a lot of FSBO (For Sale By Owners) that go in thinking the same thing; they don't see the value. They think they can do what a lot of agents do and get the same results. They're right to some extent, but what that is is a lot of wasted time and your home not selling. The second I can walk into their home and make them feel important, and show them what I can do to provide REAL VALUE, they decide to list with me.

As a real estate professional, in general we are talked about in the same sentence as car salesmen and lawyers. Why is that? Its because we don't make our customers feel important. The truth of the matter is there are a lot of Realtors and the majority of them are part time Realtors, who sell houses for fun. For me this is a business; this is my job, this is my career, and most importantly, this is MY business. When a customer gets upset, it's not the same as being an employee. They get upset because they don't understand my vision or intentions.

I come from contribution and I truly believe it. What does that mean? It means that the service that I provide is helpful and worth it. I want you, as a client, to feel important. I believe that the work I do to get homes sold is worth it, and I believe I'm the best Realtor to get the job done. But, as we talked about it goes beyond that. I want to make you feel important. I don't want to stop giving you that A + Service when you move in. A customer to me is a customer for life, and that is what drives my business.

If you know anyone looking to buy, sell, or invest in real estate. Or for that matter anyone looking to feel important! Please contact me at 913-486-6762

Eric Medved
Keller Williams Legacy Partners

No comments:

Post a Comment